Thursday 5 April 2007

All Change!

"....I feel like i'm riding on the back of a tandem at the moment, furiously working away, getting somewhere but not quite in control of what is going on!....."

Since my last entry i have been continuing to consume the earths natural resources by commuting 100miles a day. Combining that with flights up to Preston twice a month I have been going out of my way to really give mother earth a good kicking.

Whether I agree or disagree with Global Warming i don't know. I think its hyped up beyond belief and after watching the Global Warming Swindle program I thought, yeah, they've got a point.

However I also think these programs are obviously biased to make you think that way. After watching Loosechange 9/11 i thought the whole World Trade Center collapse was a controlled explosion and the whole American Government should face the death penalty. After watching the Global Warming Swindle I thought that the government were theifing bastards for all the "green taxes" and i'm off out to buy a 4x4 to really show my contempt at the knee jerk reactions of the media!

Whether they are right or wrong, to be honest it makes no odds. The main issue really is that this doesn't excuse our generation depleating the earths resources like we do and anything we can do to minimise pollution has to be a good thing right?

Well, i'm getting there. This afternoon I am walking into my bosses office and handing in my notice. I have been fortunate enough to find a job closer to home, with a great company and a career jump with pay rise. Its taken time believe me! Its worth holding out for though, there have been a number of occasions over the past 6 months where i've nearly taken a job because it met some of my criterion but not all. I'm glad i waited.

So combined with moving on from the company i have been with since i graduated, starting a new career elsewhere, I have also suddenly found that i have agreed to move in with my girlfriend, my flat is on the market and we have had an offer accepted on a new house. I feel like i'm riding on the back of a tandem at the moment, furiously working away, getting somewhere but not quite in control of what is going on. The house is awesome. Lovely 3 bed early 1900's house right in the centre of town. The temptation to get excited is hard to fight. Anyone who is familiar with the house buying/selling process in England will appreciate that a lot of things can and all to often do go wrong.

So anyway, watch this space. Hope everyone has a fantastic easter.

Matt.

2 comments:

send me an email / schick mir eine Email said...

well done mate!

p.s. 100 miles a day, that all? I do 120 ! powered by water as well, but let's not open THAT can of worms ;-)

rodderz said...

well done!