Wednesday 6 February 2008

The Verb he air

The first real weekend of skiing for me... I was pretty apprehensive having just come off the back of a knee injury which put me out of action from October. I had been running and riding a few times towards the end of November and in December. It was pretty low impact. Carrying a few extra kgs... I had been to the MK snowdome perfecting my air... and learning rails in January, so I knew from that I could ski. After crashing off the rails a few times and twisting my knee with no major ill effects.

We met on the Saturday morning as Ash turned up the trailAddiction bus with Doug and Ali, clearly already having tantrums at each other. Amusing from my view point, pretty much how the weekend went, awesome to laugh so much and do the best sport in the world.

Carrying those extra kay jeez pretty much stopped me getting up any of the back country boot packs at any speed. Plus all my gear. So Doug, Ali , Ash cane it off whilst I slowly plod up the mountains. We were at 3000m. We hit Stairway to Heaven, which I renamed Stairway to Hell. Then blasted down the pitches there. Snow was ok.



Then we hit the slopes for a bit. Had some lunch, saw some good looking girls eating. Then discovered the Super Bowl. A couloir at around 40 degrees then a nice bootpack. BEASTED. But we hit the powder, it was awesome. Nice and fast turns, I think 2 long fast turns for me.... Then we mis navigated back off the hill. I was already beasted and we had to get back up and then do a long traverse. SORE. Plus exposed. Then me fannying around the slope back. We then had fun with some kid jumping the queue.

Ash booked a good cheap hotel... nice.. good food too. Hit the bars that night, watched a fight. Drank beer. Vitamin B tablets

Woke up the next morning and we saw She Man. Lovely. Skied Sunday, which was good, more chilled than the previous day, with my dead legs trying to ski a mogul field, I gave up and let the lads do it. Skied in the afternoon. Finally went to the bar, worked out it is possible for a woman to look good after kids.

No comments: