Wednesday 17 January 2007

The US of Aieeee




Good idea Banxi....!!!

My life from the last 6 months in 06 was a lot of travel to and from Chicago and so it seems to continue. Spent New Year in Geneva and saw the New Year in watching a spectacular fight. Jan 3rd I arrive home in Berkshire, take the skis to Snow and Rock for repair then work until 10pm. Unpack my bags, re pack my bags, go to Heathrow on the 4th. Now, my life is sad... i am a silver Exec club member with BA, Platinum something with AA and Exec Plat with UA. I fly business class minimum and First trans atlantic. I hold the highest ranking card with Sheraton so i get a suite for a family of 4 and free breakfast. I know the waitress at Chez Gerard in T3 at Heathrow and the films they show on each leg of the journey. I get to the US, i even recognise the immigration officials. I know the staff at the hotel, Renee who takes my room service order and Jose who delivers it. The gay dude on reception i am not sure of... I can tell you the different parts of an I-94W card too. I have travelled to the US something like 8-10 times and spent about 16 weeks there at least. I get to go to Moscow and Singapore and Germany. when i go in 2 weeks time i will get 2 free flights to Europe. Fortunately I love Chicago



So, it is pretty much what i set out wanting in life... comfortable lifestyle and money. I guess things have changed, I would still like the money and the travel and the opportunity to speak to loads of people. I love that and I love the challenges in my job. No day is the same, i speak and meet with people all over the world. I dont work 9-5, i work the hours i want. So my work normally i love, maybe right now its not. just one of those times in life. May go work for a charity or set up my own company.



Something is missing, not sure what yet! Maybe putting money in some other persons pocket is not what I want. I would like to ski or ride more. And be less self concious about my work.



I want to go to Canada on Jan 31 and do the thing i really love. SKI. I want 2007 to be my year of change. RIDE. Move abroad.

3 comments:

Banksy said...

The great thing about this medium is that you find things out about your friends you didn't even know yourself! Loving the fact that you know the gay porter Gerrard or whatever. Is the waitress at T3 worth a gander?

rodderz said...

yes, she is Italian works at Chez Gerards for brekky. She will take you to your table. shapely.

Banksy said...

Right next time you go on one of these trips you gotta get photos of all the characters you mention with your arm round them, then insert said pictures into you piece! YEA